Thank you for using Medical library as always.
Since the present building was built in 1984, the various functions of Medical Library should be upgraded.
So, Medical Library will be closed for the renovation and the temporary library will be opened during renovation work.
We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
- It is scheduled to be reopened on May 10, 2021
Service in Temporary Service Counter at Medical Library
- Opening hours: 9:00-17:00 on weekdays.
- Service availability:
Browsing and borrowing｜Returning｜Photocopying(materials in medical library) ｜Online Journals etc.｜PC｜Photocopying and borrowing(extramural materials) ｜Floor map｜
Browsing and borrowing
You can use materials as below. "Delivery service between campuses" is available as usual.
From Feburary 17th, all materials must be reserved to borrow.
|MEDLIB-Stacks-Books||Textbooks / National exam questions / New accessions /Reference books||×||○|
|Latest journals / Newspaper||×||×||See "Photocopying."|
|Old textbooks / Popular books||×||○||You can order by MyLibrary.*2|
|old books / paperbacks||×||○||You can order by e-mail.*3|
|(Journals of MEDLIB)||journals||×||×||See "Photocopying."|
- You cannot use books other than the above, DVD, Thesis and Special collections.
- You can borrow them by "Delivery service between campuses." Please request by MyLibrary or at the counter. Department students can borrow 5 books, and graduate students and staffs 10 books. Click here for details .
- Please let us know the title and barcode No. of the book you want to borrow at the address below. (You cannot request by MyLibrary.)
med-counter[＠]grp.tohoku.ac.jp ※→convert to lowercase
Please return books to the counter.
When temporary library is closed, please put them into the book drop.
Book drop will be moved from IDAC to Medical Library.
Photocopying(materials in medical library)
If you want to use materials as below, please request photocopying by staff. You cannot copy them by yourself.
|Location||Contents||How to use||Note|
|MEDLIB-Temporary||Latest journals||Please request by MyLibrary or at the counter. Click here for details (Japanese only).||There are no self copy machines for users.|
|MEDLIB-Annex1F-Serials||Japanese journals||Not available Feb.19-Mar. 5th.*4|
|MEDLIB-2F/3F-Serials||Foreign journals||―||Not available Nov.16-Mar. 5th.*4|
- Due to transfer work of materials, japanese journals will not be available from Feb.19 to March 5th, foreign journals will not be available from Nov.16 to March 5th. During this period, applications for photo copy service will be outsourced to other TU libraries or library off campus.
Online Journals etc.
Online Journals, E-Books and Databases are available as usual.
Photocopying and borrowing (extramural materials)
You can request photocopying of articles and borrowing materials from other libraries. Please request by MyLibrary or at the counter.
Location of temporary library Closed at Feb. 2, 3. Feb 12 is the Last day.
The 6th floor of Center for Basic Aging Research in Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer.
Location of temporary readingroom Closed at Feb. 2. Feb 19 is the Last day.
The 2nd floor of Medical Library Annex.
Please enter from the outer stairs on the west parking lot side.